Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dirty's Secret Edible Christmas Ornaments!

Here they are, the finished product I was looking for! 



Instead of the usual Christmas suspects: Snowmen, Christmas Trees, Santas, Bells, etc. I wanted to make cookies that maintained the festive holiday spirit but added a little updated style! I had to go all the way to Troy, NY to get the cookie cutters needed... a little shop called Confectionary House. It was SO worth it, they have almost every cookie cutting shape you could ever want! I found my Flippy Floppie shape up there and also my large and small mittens and winter hat featured in this post! 

These I made to be sold at the Arkville Bread and Breakfast. The owner Jack was the one who decided to call them Edible Ornaments because they looked so cute and yummy! I rolled out my sugar cookie recipes par usual and I went back to my old faithful royal icing recipe using egg whites. I picked up a lighter kelly green in place of a brighter traditional Christmas green and I also mixed up my own attempted version of a darker burgundy color which came out to be more on the purple/ chocolatley brown side. Dirty's Little Secret:  sometimes mistakes work even better than what you had originally planned!   



Here's a freshy few chilling pre photo shoot.


Showing the details on some of the mini-mittens!


Perfect pairs, mittens and hats! 


I couldn't repeat the same decorations twice so every mitten and hat was 100% unique.


From left to right: Minamlist glitz, winter bling bling, beauty without the bling!


These are a little more funky and experimental!


To dot? Or not to dot? That is my question! 


A little mix and match of the snowflakes, hats, and mittens!


I know I bragged earlier about the uniqueness of the cookie designs, but with the snowflakes I just had to do them all the same because it looked so beautiful!


Who says every snowflake is not that same?


And the final product....


Boxes and the individually wrapped cookies!


Larger mittens individually wrapped selling for $3.00


Look closely, my second goodie bags are a mitten and hat set, front side mitten, backside hat! Selling for $3.00


The snowflakes and hats without mitten pairs got wrapped and sold as individuals $2.50 a piece because of their smaller size



Cookie boxes, 4 cookies total: a pair of mittens, a hat, and one snowflake for $10.00


A tray of all the wrapped cookies ready to go to the Arkville Bread and Breakfast! So stop by Jack's and pick some of Dirty's Little Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment